A man who was truly before his time!
Al Bundy, Famous Quotes:
- No, Peg
- Let's rock.
- Go away, Peg.
- A fat woman came to the shoestore today...
- I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare.
- A man's home is his coffin.
- Women - can't live with them.... The End.
- Women - can't live with them, can't herd them all to Canada.
- WOMEN - can't live with them...can't kill them
- Entertainment for the cave man was simple: Man kills food, woman burns it, giant pterodactyl swoops down, chases woman, woman falls in mud. A good laugh is had by all.
- Peg, I suspect your mind, much like the lost continent of Atlantis, no longer appears on any map.
- I hate life, life hates me.
- I'm so upset I can hardly eat this sandwich! (He says so but eats the sandwich anyway)
- I'm so hungry I could eat a vegetable!
- I feel so good--I'm almost happy.
- Am I truly nothing? Could the neighborhood children be right?
- Now wait a second. My pretty teenage daughter--with the brain of a fruit-fly--earned a thousand dollars in three nights... should I be worried?
- The only power I sensed was that of the mighty forces unleashed by beans!
- Ok, here's another idea. Let's toss this in the oven and see if it bakes. There's a shoe-salesman in the 23rd century. It's called Shoe Trek.
- Peg, you can stab me with knives, you can beat me with clubs, you can make me open my eyes when we're having sex, but there's no way on earth you can make me get a second job.
- The opera isn't over until the last heterosexual falls asleep.
- The last thing a guy wants to look at at the end of the day is a woman.
- Well, it looks like something that could come from the Colonel, but the legs have been picked clean and there are no breasts. (Describing Marcy's figure)
- How about if I get my gun and shoot you with a nice silver bullet?
- Back then mother meant cooking but then, gay meant happy.
- Why doesn't the world die?
- I was driving home, God knows why...
- I hate my life. Can't eat, can't sleep, can't bury the wife in the backyard.
- Peg, feed me, or feed me TO something: I just want to be part of the food chain. (from "The Dance Show" episode)
- It's only cheating if you get caught.
- Sure selling shoes is fun. But behind the glamour, it's like any other minimum wage slow death.
- Damn, does my life suck!
- But Peg, we've been married for seventeen years - can't we just be friends?
- Sorry, Peg, I didn't hear you. I was thinking of killing myself.
- Peg, can you explain to her the difference between expend and earning? Who I am asking to, of course you can't !
- You think I'm a loser? Because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every day when I wake up in the morning, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep. So I get up. I have my watered-down Tang and my still-frozen Pop Tart. I get in my car with no gas, no upholstery, and six more payments. I fight honking traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes onto the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I wanted to. I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman. And I'll never know the joy of driving through the city without a bag over my head. But I'm not a loser. Because, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what they wanted to be, is out there, being what we don't want to be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun in my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner!
- Home sweet hell.
- Just say no to marriage
- I wish the world was a fly and that I was a giant newspaper
- Hooters, hooters, yum, yum, yum. Hooters, hooters on a girl that's dumb.
Al Bundy's verbal exchanges with people around him:
Peg : You haven't been very nice to my family.
Al : Neither has nature, go bother it!
Marcy : I am Marcy D'Arcy here on behalf of the Coalition for the Aesthetically Challenged.
Al : Challenged? I'd say defeated, exiled and left for dead!
Peg : Ooh baby! Is that a nightstick or are you just happy to see me?
Al : It's a nightstick, Peg, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Al : Have I told you today, I love you Peg.
Peg : Why, no Al.
Al : Good!
Al : Any last words, punk?
Teenage gang leader : Yeah, your wife's good in bed!
Al : So you're a liar, too!(Al and Bud proceed to beat up the entire street gang)
Peg: Al, I want sex.
Al: Well, so do I. But I don't see the need to bring you into it.
Marcy [Sitting naked in her hot tub]: Al Bundy, what do you think you're doing?
Al: Going blind if you stand up!
Peg: Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.
Kid: I want my mommy!
Al: So does your dad's brother.
Peg: Al are you gonna miss me?
Al: Well I can't until you leave.
Roulette Dealer: I like a man whose is on top of things.
Al: And I like a woman with things on top
Marcy (To Jefferson): Jefferson, you'd never cheat on me with someone who's pretty and young, would you?
Al: Yeah, why go out for a nice, succulent steak when you've got a dried-up stick of beef jerky at home?
Pizza Delivery Guy[After being caught with Kelly on the couch]: So how about my tip?
Al[Leading him towards the door]: Ok, here's a tip[Slamming him against the door]: Doors are hard.
To Marcy: Let me explain something to you.
Al: buck buck buck buck buck buck buck buck..............
Marcy: We're about to celebrate a new addition to our family.
Al: Then shouldn't you be at home, sitting on it and waiting for it to hatch?
Ray-Ray: What is it with you, Bundy? Still not getting enough curve in your diet? I mean, we knock you around, you come back. Why? Why do you do it?
Al: For the same reason men climb mountains or sail across the sea alone. For the only reason that a rational man would do in a rational thing like this.
Al: No, women. I'm a moron, Ray-Ray. We're all morons. That's what comes from being a man. From the first little worm they dare us to eat to the last big shovel full of snow they convince us we can move, we're nothing more to women than an amusement park ride with life insurance. Why else would we do the idiotic things that we do? For example, you ski?
Al: Well, you will someday if a girl wants you to. We all will. We'd hurdle down the mountain so fast that the crack of our bodies hitting the tree wouldn't even resonate in their ears before we'd pounce up and say 'I'm OK.' They know were not OK. Hell, even if they miss that pair of squirrels running away with our hacky sacks, one glance down at the color of the snow would hint that there might be some trauma. And we’ve all been to the weight room when a pretty girl walks by and said to ourselves “Gee I think I’ll start today’s warm up bench pressing oh, nine tons. So, you see Ray-Ray, as long as there’s women, there’ll be men around doing stupid things to impress them. That’s why I’m here. That’s why you’re here. That’s why there here. Now, someday, you may evolve beyond this, but it’s too late for me. I’m too old, too married, and lost far too many hackysacks.
Sigh, there just ain't quality programs on TV like this anymore. - RF