Targeted Blogger Quits Edwards Campaign
By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press Writer Mon Feb 12, 10:36 PM ET
RALEIGH, N.C. - One of the chief campaign bloggers for Democratic presidential candidate
John Edwards quit Monday after conservative critics raised questions about her history of provocative online messages.
Amanda Marcotte posted on her personal blog, Pandagon, that the criticism "was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign." Marcotte said she resigned from her position Monday, and that her resignation was accepted by the campaign.
Kate Bedingfield, a spokeswoman for the Edwards campaign, confirmed that Marcotte was "no longer working for the campaign." She declined additional comment.
Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, demanded last week that Edwards fire Marcotte and a second blogger, Melissa McEwan, for remarks he deemed anti-Catholic. Edwards, a former North Carolina senator, called the messages personally offensive, but decided to keep Marcotte and McEwan on staff.
"No matter what you think about the campaign, I signed on to be a supporter and a tireless employee for them, and if I can't do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue doesn't have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won't do it," Marcotte wrote Monday night.
Earlier Monday, Marcotte wrote on her personal Web site, "The Christian version of the virgin birth is generally interpreted as super-patriarchal, where ... women are nothing but vessels."
Donohue called both Marcotte and McEwan "foul-mouthed bigots." He did not return a phone call seeking comment Monday night.
McEwan remains on the Edwards campaign staff. She did not return messages left Monday.
But you know what comes next, don't you? Yup, the feminist bitch and moan...
And here it is, preserved on this blog in case the Pandagonian ditchpigs pull a Marxist historical revisionism or something:
xhttp://punk.punkasshost.com/suspended.page/ (Copy and paste, then remove the "x" for the link - I won't link to these douchebags - note this is on a "suspended page", as they claim their site keeps crashing - sniff, sniff, something smells extra fishy in femhag land today!)
Title created by Rob Fedders:
(I AM A FEMINIST; LET ME TELL YOU THE WAYS I AM BEING VICTIMIZED!)
Update: To correct misinformation in the comments, I was not "fired". I offered my resignation and it was accepted.
Because I had the nerve to be critical of the Catholic church's stance on birth control and abortion---nevermind their political opposition to distributing condoms to fight HIV, a stance that has helped usher thousands and possibly millions to their untimely deaths---I've gotten a number of letters from people who call themselves "Christians", as Bill Donohue also calls himself. Chrisitians are people who are supposed to follow the behavior and teachings of Jesus Christ. I mention this, because it seems to me that therefore, when Christians are contemplating an action that is morally questionable, it appears they should consult the Bible before acting.
Luckily, I happen to have a Bible laying around this house, because even though I'm not a Christian, I was an English major, and it is important to Know Your Ancient Mythologies if you are reading poetry. And I flipped to this passage that seems to have solid advice on what to do if you've got some asshole dragging a woman in front of an angry crowd and yelling, "SINNER!":
- The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”
I'm also impressed by how so many people who claim to follow Jesus have basic reading comprehension problems when they regard this story. (Not all---for instance, some fellow Pandagonians take their faith seriously enough to read the Bible and try to follow its precepts.) From my mailbag:
- I pray that I had some small part to play in your "resigning" from the Edwards campaign you libelous fraud!
- Catholics are concerned about killing unborn children, you stupid bitch. Chop away if it suits you, but we don'thave to accept that as moral. That's why it's called a religion. Look into it.
- Amanda, after reading your vile screed against Catholics and the Holy Spirit, I just had to see what you looked like. (I envisioned you eyebrow-less, with no visible pupils, and a blank, dead stare.) I see I was correct about the blank, dead stare, but other than that you're not too bad. I then thought maybe you were mad at God (and by proxy Catholics) for making you ugly, but now I'm figuring you're just mad at him for making you a woman.
Andy Driggers from Dallas, TX was also so moved by my criticisms of religious anti-choicers, that he wrote:
- Problem with women like you, you just need a good fucking from a real man! Living in Texas myself, I know you haven't found that real Texan yet. But once your liberal pro feminist ass gets a real good fucking, you might see the light. Until then, enjoy your battery operated toys b/c most real men wouldn't want to give you the fucking you deserve b/c the shit that would come out of you ears.
As I told some close friends in the days that Donohue was on the news, spraying code words about "get the feminists" (which explains why he roped Shakespeare's Sister into this, even though she really had nothing to do with any of this---except she's pro-equality, which is what is really what offends Donohue and all the people who gave that anti-Semite airtime), a good half of my hate mail could be summed up, "You have a pottymouth, you stupid cunt." An example, from Paul Bernard of Scottsdale, AZ:
- i like the way you trash talk i don't particularly want to have sex with you but i would like a blow job.
Right wingers right now are pretending like sexism has nothing to do with me, which is an argument that works if you think a) men get emails about how they need to suck a dick on a regular basis and b) that there's nothing whatsoever sexist about allowing men to curse but hitting the fainting couch if a woman does.
Bud Phelps, another person who opposes "bigotry", as defined by right wing shill Bill Donohue.
- It's just too bad your mother didn't abort you. You are nothing more than a filthy mouth slut. I bet a couple of years in Iraq being raped and beaten daily would help you appreciate America a little. Need a plane ticket ?
Romanco De Leone was also moved by Donohue's poignant claims about insulating the Catholic church from legitimate criticisms.
- YOU RACIST WHORE. FAT UGLY BITCH. SUCK MY LONG COCK ASSHOLE I HOPE YOU KIDS NEVER LIVE AND YOUR PARENTS DIE A TRAGIC DEATH YOU ASSHOLE BITCH!I HOPE YOUR WOMB IS BARREN AND YOUR CAREER PLUMMETS TO HELL YOU BITCH
But I shan't belabor the point. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the hate mail the Bill Donohue's "Christian" campaign against me has inspired. This is all stuff from days ago---I've gotten more than 100 since. Hell, from the looks of my email from last night, I've had more than 100 in the past 12 hours from self-proclaimed Christians who want me to know that I have hurt their feelings and this has nothing, nothing whatsoever to do with their own misogyny and tendency to witch hunt.
Rob Fedders says: Ha Ha! We all know you got asked to resign (fired!), dipshit! Once the disguise of "equality" falls from the face of feminism, people can see what a toxic pile 'o shit feminists really are and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
Welcome to your futures, you hateful femhags.
Here is a You Tube Video of O'Reilly discussing these two twisted femhags. (8min)
They REALLY shred these two sickos, but sadly there is no mention that they are RADICAL FEMINISTS and their behaviour is typical of the whole sick cult called Feminism.