Saturday, February 14, 2004

Bonecrker #45 - Niceguys

One of the things I don't like about the "niceguy" label is the assumption that niceguys are nice because they are afraid to be otherwise or it is part of approval seeking behavior or that the world revolves around ruthless, brutal behavior of which niceguys are ignorant and victims of.

This just isn't true.

What is true is that almost anything of any worth has been created by the good people of the world, despite negative influences. Bad people create jack shit. And that goodness flows from strength. It is the assholes of the world who are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, making life shitty for everyone. I'm not a niceguy because I was born that way. Nor am I a niceguy because of socialization. I'm a niceguy because I specifically choose to be so. It's part of my method of living a good, decent and satisfying life, because I have noticed that people who are not "nice" simply aren't able to get that for themselves.

Being an asshole is a weakness that makes a person's life sad and pathetic... all the while desperately trying to fool themselves and others that it isn't so.

Previous Bonecrker Index Next

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related:

Bonecrcker #64 – On Players